Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply in relation to contracts arranged by Yellowfish Travel Lda. as an agent and supplier, for transfers between the departure points and destinations specified in the written confirmation issued by Yellowfishtransfers.com, which is the trading name of Yellowfish Travel Lda..
- References to "you" and "your" in these terms and conditions mean all passengers listed in the written confirmation (including anyone who is substituted or added at a later date). "We", "us" and "our" means Yellowfish Travel Lda.
- Yellowfish Travel Lda. is a limited company registered in Portugal, whose registered office address is Beco São João, 7, Caliços, 8200-038 Albufeira. Its company registration number is RNAVT 2830 and its fiscal number is 509240780.
- Bookings may be made online at www.yellowfishtransfers.com (the "Website"), by email or by telephone. Where two or more people are included in the same booking, the person making the booking the Lead Party shall be deemed to have done so on behalf of both or all members of the party and he or she accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of himself or herself and each member of the party. The Lead Party must be at least 18 years of age.
- For online bookings, the Lead Party must follow the process for making a booking on the Website and clicking on the appropriate confirmation button.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking (€3 fee applied) or on arrival to resort. On either cases we will process the booking and issue, by email the written confirmation with details of the persons involved in the booking and the transfers booked. The written confirmation acts as the "voucher" and must be presented to the our representative/driver for both the outward and return journeys. A legally binding contract will be created between the Lead Party (and all of the passengers listed on the written confirmation) and us.
- All online payments made are refundable if canceled by the Lead Party at least 48 hours prior the service.
- SMS Departure Messages is a paid service and no refund will be given if your mobile is turned off or if you inserted your number incorrectly in our online booking form.
- It is the Lead party (or any other person acting on behalf of the passengers whose names appear on the written confirmation) responsibility to check the details of the booking on the voucher prior to travel and inform us as soon as possible if there are any errors. We cannot be held responsible for errors in services due to incorrect information provided at the time of the booking.
- The EU directive 2003/20/EC states that children must use an appropriate child seat until they reach 12 years of age or until they reach a height of 135 cm.
- All children and infants count towards the occupancy of the vehicle, regardless of age, and thus should be included in the designed field at the time of booking. Child seat for a child are provided by us free of charge. We strongly recommend that you advise the age of your young ones on the special requirements box at the time of the booking, so we can supply the most suitable child seat according to the child´s age.
- We are usually able to transport manual, folding wheelchairs in our vehicles, but passengers must advise us at the time of booking. This is vital to ensure that the correct vehicle is available to meet your specific requirements.
- Booking amendments can be made on the website free of any administration charge up to 2 days before the first service. Less than 2 days these amendments must be emailed to or calling +351 289 046 243. Our voucher number must be mentioned. If the amendment leads to an increased cost, this must be paid by the customer at the time of the service. Last minute amendments will be subject to availability.
- Loyalty points are earned with each paid transfer provided by us but can only be redeemed with transfers provided within the Algarve and transfers with the maximum of 4 passengers. In the likelihood that a free one way transfer is given for a transfer with more than 4 passengers, we have the right to amend the final price. Also, if you receive a discount (promo code or any other discount), we reserve the right to offer you the points OR the discount BUT NOT BOTH.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are subject to cancellation fee. Cancellations outside of 48 hours will be full refunded.
- We reserve the right to amend the final price of any online booking made by you if you have inserted the incorrect resort (according to your accommodations name). This can be either by increasing or decreasing the final price.
- Bookings made within 24 hours before departure must be paid via online payment.
- Each passenger named on the written confirmation is entitled to have carried with him on the relevant transfers up to two items of baggage, i.e. one suitcase which should not exceed 90cm x 50cm x 25cm and one piece of hand luggage. Carriage of any baggage exceeding these measurements will be subject to available baggage hold space and may be declined. If a passenger requires carriage of baggage in excess of this allowance (e.g. suitcases exceeding the maximum permitted size, skis, golf clubs, snowboards, wheelchairs/scooters etc) we must be informed at the time of booking. The driver or us may make a charge for excess baggage or refuse carriage of the excess items when not previously informed.
- The drivers or us, reserve the right to refuse to carry any person who is, or appears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the driver or the vehicle. No refunds will be made in those circumstances.
- Passengers are not allowed to consume alcohol on any of our vehicles. Smoking is not permitted. All vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required by the Portuguese law. Passenger´s baggage is, however, carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage by us. We will not accept responsibility for any costs incurred or the making of any arrangements in returning the items to passengers.
- If your arrival flight is diverted, we recommend that you contact us via the telephone numbers provided. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate changes of this nature, by letting us know no charge will be applied.
- We or our website will give you the pick up time on services from hotel/accommodation to the airport, according to the flight time provided by you. We strongly recommend not to change the pick up to a later time. All passengers are advised to be in the airport 2 hours before flight departure.
- The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our reasonable control: Accidents causing delays to the vehicle; Exceptional or severe weather conditions; Compliance with requests of the police; Deaths and accidents on the road; Vandalism and terrorism; Unforeseen traffic delays; Industrial action by third parties; Other circumstances affecting passenger safety; Road closures due to local fiestas or other events; Properties that are not accessible to a vehicle; Acts of God, flood, earthquake or any other natural disaster; Epidemic or pandemic; War, threat of war or similar; Fire or explosions; Terrorist attack or riots.
- We shall not be in breach of these terms and conditions, nor liable for any failure or delay in the performance of any of our obligations under these terms and conditions arising from the circumstances above.
- Our transfers are from the booked pick up point to the final drop off point only. In case extra stops are required (e.g. to collect the key of an apartment to a third party location) a local extra charge payable may apply. The agreement and payment of those extra charges are between your party and us.
- In the unlikely event of our driver misses your pick up and you would not be able to contact us, we will pay for the extra money that you spent on a local taxi. We will not be responsible for any missed flights caused by this circumstance.
- We, and each of our group companies, officers and employees exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that you may incur (including any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, wasted management or office time and whether in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable) in connection with your booking; the transfer services; and/or your use of the Website.
- We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the transfer services that you have booked through us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our liability to the passengers, except in cases involving death or personal injury, shall be limited to a maximum of twice the cost of the booking for the transfer service.
- Nothing in these administrative terms and conditions excludes or limits: our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, and any of your other statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you. We guarantee to allocate a vehicle to every booking request. In the event that we are unable to allocate your booking request to one of his vehicles, we will request one from our suppliers. As last resource, we will accommodate you in a local taxi.
- If you experience a problem during your holiday, please inform us.
- After completing each transfer provided by us, we send out by email a feedback form, in which we reserve the right to publish your comment and review on our website.
- We consider travel insurance to be essential and strongly advise you to arrange for appropriate travel insurance to cover you for a comprehensive range of events including cancellation, baggage loss, accidents and health issues whilst you are away. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. We strongly advise you to read the policy details carefully and to take them with you on your holiday.
- If any provision or part of a provision, of these terms and conditions is found by any court or authority of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, otherwise invalid or unenforceable, such provision or part-provision will be struck out of these terms and conditions and the remainder of these administrative terms and conditions will apply as if the offending provision or part-provision had never been agreed.
- You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without your prior written consent.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. All personal data that we collect from you will be processed in accordance with Portuguese Data Protection Authority. www.cnpd.pt/english/index_en.htm
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Portuguese law. Disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with these administrative terms and conditions (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts
Additional Terms & Conditions for Cabrio Bookings
- We strongly advise that if you have reduced mobility to consider booking a normal private airport transfer.
- We have the right to not open the roof under some circumstance (eg. driving on the A22 toll motor way, while it's raining, etc)
- The maximum luggage that can be transported is 2 hand luggage and 1 standard luggage. With this in mind, if your luggage is more than indicated in your booking, we reserve the right not to transport you in the cabriolet. We will then arrange a transfer in a normal vehicle.
- If a cabriolet is not available, either upon your arrival or departure, we will refund you the difference.
Our GDPR Policy
As of May 25th 2018, the following procedures will apply to the data you submit to Yellowfish Travel, Lda websites (public and/or private access).
Data, means name and/or surname, e-mail address, mobile/telephone phone (number and/or voice), pick up and/or drop off location, flight details and number of passengers, all or part of these items that identifies you or that are identifiable. You, means the client who requests the service or who is served with the service. We, us, means Yellowfish Travel Lda, company that owns your data. Service, it's the transport from point A to point B.
- We do not share your data to third parties, unless it's mandatory to provide the service you have requested to us or through third parties (agents) or you have given us consent to share (art. 4.11).
- In the event we have to share the information, the only data that we share will be:
- Lead passenger name
- Pick up location, date and time
- Drop off location
- Booking reference
- Your data will became anonymous (art. 17) after two years of your last service, unless you request to be earlier. If this happens you will loose all benefits (loyalty points). Read deadlines below.
- Your voucher no longer has your e-mail address nor your mobile/telephone phone contact.
- Payments with credit card or paypal, you will provide the details directly to these payment gateways (subcontractors).
- STRIPE: Stripe’s services in Europe are provided by a Stripe affiliate—Stripe Payments Europe Limited (“Stripe Payments Europe”)—an entity located in Ireland and subject to European law. In providing Stripe Services, Stripe Payments Europe transfers personal data to Stripe, Inc. in the US. To ensure the adequate protection of personal data, Stripe uses the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (“Model Clauses”) to allow for the lawful transfer of such data under the EU Data Directive. These Model Clauses cover all transfers of EU personal data between Stripe Payments Europe and Stripe, Inc., including user data and end-customer cardholder data. To learn more about the Stripe data transfers or to request a copy of their Model Clauses, please contact them at email@example.com.
- PAYPAL: please read Paypal terms
- We do not process, for marketing/profiling proposals, the contacts made by e-mail or via our online contact forms, we will use it, exclusively, to reply to your request.
- You can change your personal information on your YFT account.
- If you give us consent to send our newsletter (sent occasionally, up to twice a year), we may use third parties to process the mailing, we will stop sending the newsletter: a) if you request; b) if point 2) becomes effective.
- Fiscal, we must keep the fiscal document up to 10 (ten) years (according to Portuguese law) after has been created, the personal information that exists in it is the following:
- The lead passenger name
- VAT number (if given)
- Pick up and drop off area
- Booking reference
- Personal information
- Direct YFT bookings, 2 (two) years after not using our services your data will become anonymous.
- Third party bookings, 2 (two) years after using our services your data will become anonymous.
- Direct Emails, will be deleted after one year of the first contact.
- Chat, will be deleted after one year of the first contact.
- Facebook (please check their policy)
- When requested by you, please send an e-mail to from the e-mail for which you used to create the booking and we will process the request (art. 15).