Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply in relation to contracts arranged by Yellowfish Travel Lda. as an agent and supplier, for transfers between the departure points and destinations specified in the written confirmation issued by Yellowfishtransfers.com, which is the trading name of Yellowfish Travel Lda..
- 1. References to "you" and "your" in these terms and conditions mean all passengers listed in the written confirmation (including anyone who is substituted or added at a later date). "We", "us" and "our" means Yellowfish Travel Lda.
- 2. Yellowfish Travel Lda. is a limited company registered in Portugal, whose registered office address is Beco São João, 7, Caliços, 8200-038 Albufeira. Its company registration number is RNAVT 2830 and its fiscal number is 509240780.
- 3. Bookings may be made online at www.yellowfishtransfers.com (the "Website"), by email or by telephone. Where two or more people are included in the same booking, the person making the booking the Lead Party shall be deemed to have done so on behalf of both or all members of the party and he or she accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of himself or herself and each member of the party. The Lead Party must be at least 18 years of age.
- 4. For online bookings, the Lead Party must follow the process for making a booking on the Website and clicking on the appropriate confirmation button.
- 5. Full payment is required at the time of booking or on arrival to resort. On either cases we will process the booking and issue, by email the written confirmation with details of the persons involved in the booking and the transfers booked. The written confirmation acts as the "voucher" and must be presented to the our representative/driver for both the outward and return journeys. A legally binding contract will be created between the Lead Party (and all of the passengers listed on the written confirmation) and us.
- 6. All online payments made are refundable if canceled by the Lead Party at least 48 hours prior the service.
- 7. SMS Departure Messages is a paid service and no refund will be given if your mobile is turned off or if you inserted your number incorrectly in our online booking form.
- 8. It is the Lead party (or any other person acting on behalf of the passengers whose names appear on the written confirmation) responsibility to check the details of the booking on the voucher prior to travel and inform us as soon as possible if there are any errors. We cannot be held responsible for errors in services due to incorrect information provided at the time of the booking.
- 9. The EU directive 2003/20/EC states that children must use an appropriate child seat until they reach 12 years of age or until they reach a height of 135 cm.
- 10. All children and infants count towards the occupancy of the vehicle, regardless of age, and thus should be included in the designed field at the time of booking. Child seat for a child are provided by us free of charge. We strongly recommend that you advise the age of your young ones on the special requirements box at the time of the booking, so we can supply the most suitable child seat according to the child´s age.
- 11. We are usually able to transport manual, folding wheelchairs in our vehicles, but passengers must advise us at the time of booking. This is vital to ensure that the correct vehicle is available to meet your specific requirements.
- 12. Booking amendments can be made on the website free of any administration charge up to 2 days before the first service. Less than 2 days these amendments must be emailed to us or by phone. Our voucher number must be mentioned. If the amendment leads to an increased cost, this must be paid by the customer at the time of the service. Last minute amendments will be subject to availability and surcharge (up to 24h before 5eur, up to 12h before 10eur).
- 13. Cancellations within 48 hours of departure are subject to cancellation fee. Cancellations outside of 48 hours will be full refunded.
- 14. We reserve the right to amend the final price of any online booking made by you if you have inserted the incorrect resort (according to your accommodations name). This can be either by increasing or decreasing the final price.
- 15. Bookings made within 24 hours before departure must be paid via online payment.
- 16. Each passenger named on the written confirmation is entitled to have carried with him on the relevant transfers up to two items of baggage, i.e. one suitcase which should not exceed 90cm x 50cm x 25cm and one piece of hand luggage. Carriage of any baggage exceeding these measurements will be subject to available baggage hold space and may be declined. If a passenger requires carriage of baggage in excess of this allowance (e.g. suitcases exceeding the maximum permitted size, skis, golf clubs, snowboards, wheelchairs/scooters etc) we must be informed at the time of booking. The driver or us may make a charge for excess baggage or refuse carriage of the excess items when not previously informed.
- 17. The drivers or us, reserve the right to refuse to carry any person who is, or appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the driver or the vehicle. No refunds will be made in those circumstances.
- 18. Passengers are not allowed to consume alcohol on any of our vehicles. Smoking is not permitted. All vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required by the Portuguese law. Passenger´s baggage is, however, carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage by us. We will not accept responsibility for any costs incurred or the making of any arrangements in returning the items to passengers.
- 19. If your arrival flight is diverted, we recommend that you contact us via the telephone numbers provided. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate changes of this nature, by letting us know no charge will be applied.
- 20. We or our website will give you the pick up time on services from hotel/accommodation to the airport, according to the flight time provided by you. We strongly recommend not to change the pick up to a later time. All passengers are advised to be in the airport 2 hours before flight departure.
- 21. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our reasonable control: Accidents causing delays to the vehicle; Exceptional or severe weather conditions; Compliance with requests of the police; Deaths and accidents on the road; Vandalism and terrorism; Unforeseen traffic delays; Industrial action by third parties; Other circumstances affecting passenger safety; Road closures due to local fiestas or other events; Properties that are not accessible to a vehicle; Acts of God, flood, earthquake or any other natural disaster; Epidemic or pandemic; War, threat of war or similar; Fire or explosions; Terrorist attack or riots.
- 22. We shall not be in breach of these terms and conditions, nor liable for any failure or delay in the performance of any of our obligations under these terms and conditions arising from the circumstances above.
- 23. Our transfers are from the booked pick up point to the final drop off point only. In case extra stops are required (e.g. to collect the key of an apartment to a third party location) a local extra charge payable may apply. The agreement and payment of those extra charges are between your party and us.
- 24. In the unlikely event of our driver misses your pick up and you would not be able to contact us, we will pay for the extra money that you spent on a local taxi. We will not be responsible for any missed flights caused by this circumstance.
- 25. We, and each of our group companies, officers and employees exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that you may incur (including any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, wasted management or office time and whether in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable) in connection with your booking; the transfer services; and/or your use of the Website.
- 26. We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the transfer services that you have booked through us to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- 27. Our liability to the passengers, except in cases involving death or personal injury, shall be limited to a maximum of twice the cost of the booking for the transfer service.
- 28. Nothing in these administrative terms and conditions excludes or limits: our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, and any of your other statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited.
- 29. We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you. We guarantee to allocate a vehicle to every booking request. In the event that we are unable to allocate your booking request to one of his vehicles, we will request one from our suppliers. As last resource, we will accommodate you in a local taxi.
- 30. If you experience a problem during your holiday that affects your transfer, please inform us.
- 31. After completing each transfer provided by us, we send out by email a feedback form, in which we reserve the right to publish your comment and review on our website.
- 32. We consider travel insurance to be essential and strongly advise you to arrange for appropriate travel insurance to cover you for a comprehensive range of events including cancellation, baggage loss, accidents and health issues whilst you are away. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs. We strongly advise you to read the policy details carefully and to take them with you on your holiday.
- 33. If we don’t hear from you within 45 minutes after your flight has landed, we will call you to see what as happened.
1) You don't answer or call us 60 minutes after your flight has landed, you will be classified as a "no-show"
2) You tell us the reason for the delay and accordingly to our availability the driver will wait or you will go on the next available service, if you don't accept the next available service, you will be classified as a "no-show".
- 34. We offer one loyalty point per each airport service done when you reach the 10th point (and every next 10th point) you will receive 50% discount on the airport service, up to 8 passengers per service.
- 35. The loyalty points are for personal use, you can not use your account to create bookings for third parties (like guests of your apartment or villa) and earn the points in an unfair way.
- 36. On arrivals if your flight is delayed over 2 hours of the scheduled arrival time, we do not guarantee the airport transfer. We will contact you by email and/or phone with the notice. The departure, in case you have booked will also be cancelled, unless you contact us. We will refund you the full value.
- 37. If any provision or part of a provision, of these terms and conditions is found by any court or authority of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, otherwise invalid or unenforceable, such provision or part-provision will be struck out of these terms and conditions and the remainder of these administrative terms and conditions will apply as if the offending provision or part-provision had never been agreed.
- 38. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without our prior written consent. We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without your prior written consent.
- 39. We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. All personal data that we collect from you will be processed in accordance with Portuguese Data Protection Authority. www.cnpd.pt/english/index_en.htm
- 40. These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Portuguese law. Disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with these administrative terms and conditions (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Portuguese courts